October 25, 2016

Why You Test 2

No one likes the word ‘cancer.’ Any form can be deadly, so taking necessary precautions to ensure that you and your loved ones are safe from developing it is exceedingly important.

Radon is a natural, radioactive gas that cannot be seen or smelled. The intake of too much radon over time has made it the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Radon decays quickly, releasing tiny radioactive particles that can harm cells living in the lungs and causing that nasty little word: cancer.

There are multiple ways it can find its way into your home: through cracks in floors, walls, or foundations. It can also be released from water in wells that contain radon or building materials. High radon levels have been found in well insulated, tightly sealed homes.

Protecting yourself and your family starts with simply testing your home. Symptoms and sickness from breathing in too much radon do not show themselves rapidly, so testing your home is the only way to take those precautions to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Radon levels vary from day to day because such things as rain, snow, or barometric pressure can affect them. Both short- and long-term tests help to cover yourself completely. It’s easy to do, too.

Call the crew at 605-336-1000 or email him at sam@radoncrew.com to schedule a test of your home.

Radon Crew—Crew In. Radon Out.